Is video gaming controlling your child?
Preoccupation with video games
Uses video games to escape or relieve anxiety & negative mood
Meltdown and panic when gaming is restricted
Loss of interest in school, previous hobbies & entertainment
Socially withdrawn and isolated
Justifies excessive use of video gaming
Video Gaming / Screen Addiction Coaching for Parents
As a coach, Elaine empowers parents with the information and strategies needed to deal with their child’s compulsive behavior with video gaming & digital screens. She does not coach the child directly, as they may need counselling from an addiction specific professional.
Elaine helped her son overcome his video gaming addiction using her background in social service, heath and wellness. With continued research and education, she has developed crucial strategies to help parents.
Detoxing from video gaming and/or screen addiction is a process that takes time, diligence and commitment from everyone involved. Elaine’s focus is to arm parents with enough knowledge and courage to successfully make the best decisions for their child and family.
Elaine works with parents to deal with various issues including:
- Understand your child and how gaming/screen use has become problematic/compulsive
- Learn the four stages of addiction and why the road to recovery is not linear, but a complicated process
- Learn how to correct dialogue and communication and stop engaging in a battle
- Determine what your barriers & resistance are, as a parent and how this is getting in the way of success
- Understand the importance of engaging in self-care & healthy personal habits as a caregiver
- Gain knowledge in how to create new community for your isolated youth
Purchase coaching in single sessions or a package of 3 or 6 coaching sessions.
Video gaming addiction is just like any addiction. It is debilitating, dangerous and can literally destroy lives. What was once seen as a harmless form of entertainment can now turn into a very serious problem for children, teens and young adults.
Although there are numerous warning signs, parents often miss these red flags because just like other addictions, the addicted gamer becomes skilled at hiding their compulsion.
After feeling helpless for many years, I am so fortunate to have met Elaine. My 21 year old son suffers with video game addiction which has affected our whole family. Elaine has been able to share her knowledge, expertise and practical advice which has helped our situation. She is a true professional as well as a Mom who has walked in ‘my’ shoes. Elaine coaches from the heart with empathy and wisdom.